7 People Died In Puget Sound This Weekend

SEATTLE, WA — An especially violent weekend in Puget Sound began early Saturday morning with a deadly police shooting outside an immigration detention center in Tacoma — but before the weekend was over, six more people would die in a variety violent incidents.
At around 4 a.m. Saturday, Tacoma police went to the Northwest Detention Center on a report of a man with a gun. They found Willem Van Spronsen, 69, of Vashon Island, holding a rifle and lobbing incendiary devices at vehicles at the Northwest Detention Center. After a brief verbal exchange, the officers opened fire and killed Van Spronsen. He left behind a manifesto claiming to be acting against fascism.
Two more people died on Saturday in Tacoma in separate incidents along SR 16. The first happened just before 1 a.m. Saturday. William Isakson, 66, died after he drove onto SR 16 from 9th Street and crashed into a jersey barrier, according to Washington State Patrol. At around 4 p.m., a woman jumped off the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and died, police said.
About two hours after Van Spronsen was killed, police in Kirkland shot and killed a manwho was reportedly threatening an 18-month-old boy. The shooting happened in a wooded area near I-405.

At around 11:15 a.m., police responded to Luther Burbank Park on Mercer Island on a report of gunfire. They found a man and a woman with gunshot wounds in a car, and they later died at Harborview. Police could not immediately confirm that it was a murder-suicide, but did say that no other people were involved in the shooting. It was Mercer Island’s first gun homicide in more than a decade, police said.

In Seattle, two violent incidents happened in the early morning hours on Sunday.

Near 2 a.m., a fight broke out in a large crowd gathered near Mercer Street and 2nd Avenue North at the Seattle Center. Just as police arrived, a man in the crowd shot and wounded another man. The crowd then began vandalizing cars and surrounded the officers. The victim was later transported to Harborview with life-threatening injuries and the suspected shooter was arrested walking near the scene.

At 2:45 a.m., a 25-year-old woman was stabbed in the chest at Cal Anderson Park on Capitol Hill. She later died at Harborview, and her killer was not immediately caught.

The final violent incident happened at around 3 p.m. Sunday in Seattle’s Magnolia neighborhood. A 59-year-old drunk driver hit a 9-year-old boy crossing in a crosswalk along West Dravus Street. The driver continued, hitting another car and injuring a 49-year-old and a 16-year-old inside. He then crashed into a utility pole. The boy and the two other people injured were taken to the hospital but were expected to be OK.

This article was written by Neal McNamara, and was Originally published on Patch.com. To access the original please Click Here.

NOTE: Us here at theh2digroup.com aren’t those people who just copy, & paste articles. We are only doing this now because our writers–Caden738 & R.S setter-are out sick. New original articles will be out soon.